If you have any queries about your child's attendance due to symptoms, please contact the school office as your first port of call.
Latest information from school
From August 2021, the Government has updated its guidance for schools, stating that:
"As COVID-19 becomes a virus that we learn to live with, there is now an imperative to reduce the disruption to children and young people’s education - particularly given that the direct clinical risks to children are extremely low, and every adult has been offered a first vaccine and the opportunity for 2 doses by mid-September.
Our priority is for you to deliver face-to-face, high-quality education to all pupils. The evidence is clear that being out of education causes significant harm to educational attainment, life chances, mental and physical health."
Therefore, to reflect this guidance, Exning Primary School will resume to near pre-pandemic arrangements.
- We will continue to encourage good hygiene practices such as hand washing/sanitising.
- We will also continue to encourage good ventilation in all internal school spaces where appropriate.
- Parents will continue to require an appointment in order to enter school buildings.
- Lateral flow tests will continue to be available to staff.
- We would like parents to continue to communicate with school regarding any COVID-related matters.
- Please do not send children into school if they are unwell.
- If the symptoms are COVID related, the government advice to is get your child tested with a PCR test.
- There will be no staggered starts, finishes or lunchtimes.
- School will start and finish at the times given in previous communications (8.55am - 3.15pm - 8.45am for Years 5 and 6).
- Visitors to the school site do not need to wear face masks although you may choose to do so if you feel it appropriate.
- Classes will no longer be in bubbles and children are able to mix freely.
- School assemblies will resume as normal, including Silver Book (9.15am on Fridays).
- Schools no longer have a role in the test and trace process, which is now being handled fully by the NHS.
- School will not be sharing positive case information with parents.
- As per government guidance, parents are advised to seek a PCR test if their child is identified as a close contact of a positive case.
- Children are NOT required to self-isolate if identified as a close contact of a positive COVID case. However, to reiterate, if your child is ill, or tests positive for COVID, they should not be coming into school.
If you have a child in Robins, Kestrels or Eagles, we recommend that you continue to use the side gate to ease congestion at the front of the school near the main road.
We are also looking forward to being able to hold a full programme of events for parents, including Silver Book assemblies, welcome evenings, face-to-face parents' evenings, productions, sports days and church services etc. Please keep an eye out on Dojo and class newsletters as usual for details of these closer to the time.
Wrap Around Care will be reverting back to normal systems with no bubbles. Before-School Club will run from 7.45am til 8.55am and After-School Club will run from 3.15 - 6pm. Please contact Mrs Donald if you have any queries about WAC.
We are very excited to be returning to near full-normality and giving your child an excellent, uninterrupted education over the forthcoming academic year. We will continue to update you if and when guidance changes.