The Exning Primary School Parent Forum is a group of parents that meet each half term with the deputy headteacher to discuss various issues and policies within school. There are usually two or three parent representatives from each class across the school. Every year we have new Robins' parents join us and every two years we open the forum to new parents wishing to take part.
We work together to ensure a strong partnership between parents and the school and give parents the opportunity to become involved with some of the policies and decisions that are made and affect their children.
Here are a few examples of how we have listened to parents to make improvements to our school:
- Implementation of a house reward system and amendments to our Behaviour Policy
- Change of times for celebration assemblies to suit working parents
- Birthday table in the canteen was causing children upset so we shared with the school council and decided it was time to change the way we celebrated birthdays; we now have a birthday assembly
- Changes to the way we deal with behaviour incidents at lunch time
- Rollout of a Home-School Agreement
We are continually looking for ways to develop the forum and our relationships with parents.
If you have ideas to share then please do speak to your class representative.
Summary of Minutes
Dates of Meetings for this school year. Meetings are from 2.00-3.10pm
Thursday 19th October 2017
Thursday 14th December 2017
Wednesday 7th February 2018
Wednesday 28th March 2018
Friday 25th May 2018
Friday 20th July 2018