welcome to swans' class page
Class Teacher: Mrs Hardy
Higher Level Teaching Assistant: Mrs Cross
our learning in the spring term
In Swans, we are studying the topic, "Wonderful Me". We will be learning all about the human body and how best to keep ourselves healthy.
- Planning, drafting and writing chapter books.
- Complete the class read, Skellig and focus on language, themes, summarising and predicting.
- Fractions, percentages and decimals.
- Ratio and proportion.
- Money problems.
- Mental arithmetic.
- Look at nutrition, transportation of water and nutrients in the body, and the muscle and skeleton system of humans and animals.
- Look at the digestive system in humans, teeth and the human circulatory system.
- Look at the effect of diet, exercise and drugs.
- Across all year groups scientific knowledge and skills should be learned by working scientifically.
Design and Technology
- Understand and apply the principles of a healthy and varied diet.
- Prepare and cook a variety of predominantly savoury dishes using a range of cooking techniques.
- Understand seasonality and know where and how a variety of ingredients are grown, reared, caught and processed.
- Studying "People in Action" using a variety of media.
- Striking and fielding games