Persevere, Shine, Be Happy Value ourselves and others * Be proud of our achievements Never, never, never give up!
|Come and have fun in our interactive classroom.
||Read your favourite Oxford Reading Tree books online.
||Come on a magical adventure and practise your phonics and reading skills.
||Play fun games, watch clips, sing songs and make things with your favourite CBeebies characters and shows.
||Scan the class QR code and add your work to your student story.
welcome to robins' class page
Class Teacher: Miss Cole
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Bland-Ward & Mrs Banner
our learning in Summer Term 2
Our Topic is: Life Cycles and MiniBeasts
In Literacy we will be:
- Reading the story 'Hungry Caterpillar'
- labelling parts of a chicken and a minibeast
- Writing a shopping list for a hungry caterpillar
- Writing a desciption for our own 'minibeast'
- Wriitng a diary of the lifeycle of a caterpillar
- Reading facts about minibeasts
- Reading a writing words which contain the sounds the sounds 'th' 'igh' 'oa'
In Physical Development we will be:
- Learning ball skills such as kicking, throwing and catching
- Leanring how to run successfully in preparation for sports day
- Balancing beansbags on our bodies
- spider obstacle course
- Moving like different minibeasts
- Fingerprinting/handpainting minibeasts
- Cutting out minibeast masks
- Threading a spiders web
In Maths we will be:
- Learning Doubling- ladybird spots
- Learning halving
- Leanring the part part whole method to double and half
- Leanring Symmerety- butterflies
Recognising the value of one penny and recognising the value of coins
Adding with money
Subtracting with money
Applying knowledge of numbers within 50 to money
- Adding two or more single digits within five
Leanring Subtraction as partitioning
In Expresive arts we will be
- Changing our outdoor role play area into a 'minibeast exploration area
- Using puppets to act out the story of the 'Hungry Caterpillar
- Painting the food from the story hungry caterpillar
- Making minibeast masks
- Creating symetrical butterflies with paint and natural resources
- Creating minibeast hats
- Making Paper cahin hungry caterpillars
- singing songs and Rhymes about minibeasts
In PSED will be
- Circle times- leanring to take care of creatures and their habitats
- Role Playing- makeing a bug den
- Releasing butterflies back into their natural enviroment
- Observing the life cycle of a butterfly and chicken
In Communication and Language we will be
In Undertanding of the world we will be: