Persevere, Shine, Be Happy Value ourselves and others * Be proud of our achievements Never, never, never give up!
|Come and have fun in our interactive classroom.
||Read your favourite Oxford Reading Tree books online.
||Come on a magical adventure and practise your phonics and reading skills.
||Play fun games, watch clips, sing songs and make things with your favourite CBeebies characters and shows.
||Scan the class QR code and add your work to your student story.
welcome to robins' class page
Class Teacher: Miss Cole
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Bland-Ward & Mrs Banner
our learning in Autumn 2
Our Topics This Half term are: The Gingerbread Man & Winter Wonders
In Literacy we will be:
- Learning individual letter sounds
- beginning to read cvc words
- Beginning to form recognisable letters
- Reading the stories ' Goldilocks and the Three Bears' and the Tiger who came to Tea
- Reading the story 'The Gingerbread man'
- Sequencing the Gingerbread man
- Creating a story map for the Gingerbread man
- Creating instructions of how to make a gingerbread man
- Writing a speech bubble for the Gingerbread man
- Writing a list for santa
- Writing christmas cards
In Maths we will be:
- Exploring the concept of zero
- Combining two groups of numbers (up to five)
- Exploring subtraction by partioning (up to five)
- Practising addition and subtraction
- Ordering objects by size
- Using everyday language to talk about volume and capacity
- Using everyday language to talk about weight
- Estimating and comparing the length of everyday objects
- Describing and sorting 3D shapes
- exploring the concepts of 3D shapes
- Using mathermatical language to explore position
- Learning ordinal numbers to position the characters in the story
In PSED will be :
- Talking about keeping safe on bonfire night
- Discussing whether Golidlocks was right or wrong to go into the three bears house
- Working together to act out the story of the gingerbread man
- Talking about the foxes motive for helping the gingerbread man
In Physical Development we will be:
- Learning to march in time and in differnet directions
- Performing marching actions in unison and in time with the music
- Carrying our marching techniques such as halt, turn and salute
- Perform marching actions in pairs
- Making playdough gingerbread men: handling malleable materials with increasing control
- Creating bridges for the gingerbread man to cross the river and learning to travel with confidence over the 'bridge'
In Communication and Language we will be
In Expresive Arts we will be
- Acting out the story of The Gingerbread Man (playing cooperatively to act out a narrative)
- Creating masks for the characters in the story 'The Gingerbread man'
- Designing and creating our own Gingerbread man
- Creating a christmas decoration
- Designing and making a christmas card
- Cooking gingerbread men
In Undertanding of the world we will be: