welcome to kingfishers' class page
Class Teacher: Mrs Natasha Warren
Higher Level Teaching Assistant: Mrs Carolyn Ireland
our learning in this autumn half-term
English - Talk 4 Writing
We are reading Lazy Jack
We will be:
- planning, drafting, editing and evaluating our own traditional tale
- using direct speech in our writing
- organising our writing into paragraphs
Our class reader is Ice Palace.
Addition and Subtraction
- Mentally add / subtract a single digit number to / from a 3-digit number, including regrouping
- Mentally add a multiple of ten to a 3-digit number, including regrouping
- Mentally subtract a multiple of ten from a 3-digit number, including regrouping
- Mentally add / subtract a multiple of 100 to / from a 3-digit number (within 1000)
- Mentally add / subtract two 3-digit numbers with no regrouping
- Use rounding to estimate the answer to a calculation
- Add two 3-digit numbers using column addition
- Subtract 3-digit numbers using column subtraction
- Solve addition and subtraction word problems
- Solve two-step addition and subtraction word problems
Length and Perimeter
- Measure lengths to the nearest centimetre or to the nearest millimetre
- Measure and draw lines of a given length in mixed units (cm and mm)
- Use prior knowledge to estimate length
- Understand and calculate the perimeters of 2-D shapes in centimetres or millimetres
- Calculate the perimeters of 2-D shapes in mixed units (cm and mm)
- Measure and compare lengths in mixed units (m and cm)
- Calculate perimeters of 2-D shapes in metres and centimetres
- Apply knowledge of length to solve problems
- Working scientifically
- Finding out about the nutrients animals, including humans, need to be healthy.
- Learning about skeletons
Topic - A Road Trip to America
We will be learning about North and South America with Geography and Art being our lead subjects (please see our long term plan for details of curriculum coverage).
Kingfishers' Useful Links
NCETM - This will require you to sign up (which is free)
https://www.ncetm.org.uk/resources/41211 - Link to curriculum objectives which you can click on for example activities.
https://www.ncetm.org.uk/public/files/23305581/Mastery_Assessment_Y3_Low_Res.pdf - The Year 3 Mastery publication. We have used some of these in our maths lesson this year.
Nrich - This is a good website for problem solving activities.
http://nrich.maths.org/content/id/9445/KS2CurriculumLinkedtoNRICHJuly16.pdf - This link takes you to a curriculum overview with links for different strands, sorted by year group.
'Mathematical challenges for more able pupils' - an old curriculum document but still great for maths games/ problem solving activities.
If you would like to contact Mrs Warren, please message her on Class Dojo or email: email@example.com