welcome to goldfinches' class page
Class Teacher: Mrs White
Higher Level Teaching Assistant: Mrs Donald
our learning in the spring 2 term
This half term our topic is Nurturing Nurses
Please see our Long Term Plans for more details of the subjects taught through our topic.
in Maths we are ...
In english we are ...
- To be able to weigh and compare objects in kilograms
- To be able to interpret scales labelled in grams and compare the mass of objects in grams
- To apply addition and subtraction in the context of mass
- To solve multiplication and division problems about mass
- To consolidate knowledge of mass through investigations
Exploring Calculation strategies
- Apply addition strategies to solve equations
- Apply subtraction strategies to solve equations
- Solve word problems
- Add two 2-digit numbers using the column method
- Subtract 2-digit numbers using the column method
Multiplication & Division (3x & 4x)
- Recall the multiplication table of three by skip counting
- Recall the multiplication table of four by skip counting
- Describe and interpret arrays for the multiplication tables of three and four
- Know division facts for the multiplication table of three
- Know division facts for the multiplication table of four
- Identify multiplication and division fact families
- Recognise the inverse relationship between multiplication and division
- Identify multiples of 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10
- Recognise that the 4× table is double the 2× table
- Create bar models for multiplication and division
- Identify the whole and parts in bar models for multiplication and division
- Use bar models to represent multiplication and division word problems
- Solve word problems using bar models
Spelling and Grammar
- progressing through our Rocket Spelling Challenges, spelling words correctly in dictated sentences
- Learning spelling rules for suffixes -ness, -ment, -ful and -less
- Learning to spell most common exception words
- Looking at question marks and commas in our writing
- reading stories linked to our topic
- Exploring our class text and completing activities around this,
- reading poetry books and learning some poems by heart
- enjoying our School Library and Class Reading Area
Our Class Reader
We will be reading Iron Man by Ted Hughes.
Please see below for videos to help your child's learning in these areas.
Thinking Blocks - an app designed to help embed understanding of bar models.
BBC Dance Mat Typing - practise your typing skills with this great activity
KS1 BBC Bitesize Literacy - lots of fun activities to practise spelling, punctuation, grammar and much, much more
KS1 BBC Bitesize Maths - practise all areas of your maths with these exciting activities
KS1 BBC Bitesize Science - learn more about Science with this range of activities
BBC Bitesize KS1 Education - great videos looking at all areas of the curriculum, including some really useful explanations of grammatical terminology.